Question

TheAwesomeAdvice

Does reopening a closed account will have history from the first time it was opened or new date?
I recently closed an account thinking it was going to be good for my credit (following a bad advice in my case). After some research I noticed that it was the other way around since it was my oldest account....
I want to know if I reopen my account, would it have all the history or would it be considered as new one. It Has been less than 14 days. I have seen both answers so if someone knows for sure (100%) please let me know as soon as possible thanks

Would your lender even allow you to reopen the same account? You would have to find that out first, then ask the lender what dates will be associated with the account. Keep in mind that with FICO scoring system, closed accounts on your credit reports DO STILL factor into the "average age of accounts".