Question

theoneyoumissed

Does paying off a collections improve credit?
I received a collections bill today for a bill that I previously approved the doctors office that it originated from to debit my account every month until it was paid off. After doing this for 2 months, I guess they decided to send it to collections without letting me know. I just got the bill today (it was dated for July 4th) and paid it in full right away. 1. Will this collections affect my credit nice I paid it right away? And 2. If so, will the damage go away since I paid it off. Another question would be, if it does t get removed, what should I do to fix my credit? I've been super serious about my credit over the past couple years, finally getting it over 700 and I'm terrified to see my hard work go to waste.

Is there a collections account for this bill on your reports now? If not, you should be fine. If there is, hopefully they will remove it, if they don't you can try requesting as nicely as you can that they do, but technically it can remain on your credit reports for seven years. Do some reading on "goodwill letters and requests".