Question

ChrisTK

Does pay for delete still work? Is it worth a shot?
So basically I updated my CK account here to my now current legal name, as it was in my old name, and when I logged on yesterday my score had dropped by 100 points. Turns out that the two bills I had from collections were also updated into the system, along with my name and address.

So now I'm kinda freaking out because of things I needed done and my scores just pathetic again. Obviously paying them off would help me, but the bills are recent and I got a full 7 years to wait (plus I'm 19 if that matters). I was reading up online and saw pay for deletes and wanted to know if that stuff still works. I obviously plan on paying the agencies, but would like to know if there is a chance I could pay them off AND remove the negative hit.

If this doesn't work anymore, I get it and am screwed for the time being. But if it does work still, cause everytime I looked online it was 2-3 yrs ago, should I try it? Should I give it a shot, knowing the bills were there to begin with (I just never had cash to pay them at the time).

And if it is worth it, the templates confuse me cause it says to certain things the templates proceed to do. Like it says to never use the word dispute or give time limits in your letter, and the templates do both. So should I just remove those paragraphs or keep it and hope for the best?

Yeah, you can word it however you like.  It may be easier just to call the creditor and do a verbal agreement but ask for them to send that agreement in writing. I've done so myself and my score went from 604 to a 711.