Question

ChrisTK

Does my only score matter? (equifax)
I only have something showing up with Equifax because my student loans are showing up. So I only have that showing up on my dashboard, and I'm assuming in general. I haven't started paying them back yet, so it's the full amount. With that said, does what I'm seeing even really matter or count as a credit score? Should I just disregard it in general? I'm gonna start payments next month, just a little $50 to knock something off, so will that even help my score or are the loans something on their own that don't really matter?

Yup

It does matter. As it is part of your payment history which is a high impact on your credit score. Everything is connected. So technically that affects your score.

Yes, it matters

It sounds like you are "thin file" or have a very young credit history. As you build credit, you'll have credit scores from each of the credit bureaus (not just Equifax). Credit scores are very important since they are used for nearly all lending decisions, auto insurance quotes, and even employers will consider credit scores for hiring purposes.