Question

Naznad

Does my credit repair faster if I pay my debt that is past due or in collection in full Vs. Settling
My credit card are all past due or in collection, if I pay the amount in full would my credit repair faster vs. if I try to settle for less? Does it make a difference at this point?

Most Helpful Response

Paid in full or Settled for less = no difference in scoring.

If you can settle and you can save some serious money, that may be the route to go.

Take care of the accounts that haven't went to collections yet FIRST to prevent additional collections appearing on your reports. Also when dealing with debt collectors, read about "pay for delete agreements".

Also read the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act)

Naznad

If I pay the accounts that are not in collection yet, would that help my credit score? Or at this point since they've been past due for a while even if I pay them it won't make a difference? I have 3 in collection and 3 not in collection yet.