Question

Dziedzorm

Does items drop off after a certain time frame?
I have items on my report that should have fallen off. Other collection agencies purchased the items and reopened my accounts. Is that legal?

Most Helpful Response

Items if left unpaid fall off 7 years from date it first went delinquent.  Write to all three bureaus and tell them to delete the outdated account.  Don't do it online, write letters.  Best of luck!

Credit Bureaus

Is there a way that I can get the address for all three Credit Bureaus?  Please.

annacast

Yes go to all three websites and the address is there and also how to do it the forms you need to fill out are there as well Good Luck

• Equifax: 800-685-1111 (general) or 800-525-6285 (fraud); P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374; www.equifax.com
  • Experian: 888-397-3742 (general and fraud); PO Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013, www.experian.com.
  • TransUnion: 800-888-4213 (general) or 800-680-7289 (fraud); P.O. Box 2000, Chester, PA 19022; www.transunion.com.

annacast

• Equifax: 800-685-1111 (general) or 800-525-6285 (fraud); P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374; www equifax com
  • Experian: 888-397-3742 (general and fraud); PO Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013, www experian com
  • TransUnion: 800-888-4213 (general) or 800-680-7289 (fraud); P.O. Box 2000, Chester, PA 19022; www transunion com

making a deal?

Is it true that if you wait over 90 days and don't make a payment it is only then that they will work with you to decrease the interest rate or min. payments?   Then after this point they will usually settle for a lesser amount to be done with you?

I have had very reputable people tell me this.  So I can't help but wonder......

I hate to do it but a person can't get out from under a credit card payment now days.

Newjob2010

This is true.  I hated to do it, but I needed my payments at a fixed amount. I had a Citibank card and the interest rate went up in 2008 and the rate was variable. This meant the payment anount was different every month.  I called to ask if they could lower my rate ( I had this card since the 90's and never late). They told me no.  I decided not to pay for 90 days and then they started calling me, not just for collection, but to set up a payment plan.

Bottom line, they gave me a 0% interest rate and I had to pay the balance in 5 years. Yes, it messed up my credit score, but it bounced back.