Question

noeasyfix

Does it matter if I settle a collection debt versus paying it full out?
I would like to consider purchasing a home in the next 7 months my credit score I have 2 charged off credit cards and one very close to maxing out and 3 things in collections
→My question is if I settle the 3 collection for less than the amount owed does it matter to my overall score or has the damage been done?

The damage is already done, getting a collection marked as "paid" or "settled" really does nothing to help you. You want to try to get "pay for delete agreements" on the collections so that the collection is completely removed from your reports in exchange for your payment. Be aware that most mortgage lenders will require you to have all collections paid, so even if you cannot get them removed via a "pay for delete" you still may have to pay them. You better get that open card paid down. I would get yourself straightened out before you consider trying to buy a house.