Question

gsxrunder10

Does it hurt your credit score to check it on credit karma?
How often can you update your credit score on CreditKarma.com without lowering your credit score?

Most Helpful Response

No

eom.

Credit Karma Checks do Hurt Your Score

I have been reading that credit karma does not hurt your credit score, but every time I go on credit karma, I get a red box with -10 in it off my score. Like just now my score was 715 and when I accessed the site it immediately dropped to 705. It drops 10 every time I go on the website. And part of the reason I go on Credit Karma is because I will get an email and I go to look at the email and immediately 10 points are deducted. I am looking to buy a house in the next year and I just recently got a second credit card and I had thought I missed a payment on my 1st credit card and when I checked credit karma, I got 10 points taken off when they advertise that it doesn't hurt your score....well it sure hurts mine.