Question

Pushkevich

Does it hurt my credit score when an organization runs a credit check?
My friend said it hurts my credit score when a company runs a check on my credit, let's say, when you apply for a Macy's credit card in the store and they run a check on you right there by the register. Is it true? If it is, how much does it hurt it?

its called a hard hit/inquiry YES it does and it cost you 2-5 points per hit...but after 6 months people find there scores go up considerably from the new credit credit for the most part