Question

cms3739

Does it damage my credit score if I cancel a secure credit card with low credit limit?
I got a secured credit card with a low credit limit several years ago to help improve my credit score. This card has an annual fee, and I would like to avoid that fee, so I would like to cancel the card. What damage to my credit score will occur if I cancel this card with a $750 credit limit? I want to continue to raise my credit score, but don't see much value in continuing to pay an annual fee.

Since only you can see your information here, it is going to have to be your choice.  Hopefully, that is not your only credit card and you have at least a couple more.  If not, wait until you do have a couple more.Your score may take a dip for cancelling the secured card but, like you, I don't like any fees to use a card.

Do you have several other credit cards that are open? If so, you may be ok, if not, it may hurt your credit. I advise further reading before you take any action.