Question

laloosh7

Does inaccurate/removed collections information affect my score?
I see that I have a collections item that's been removed. I assume because it was incorrect. I haven't had that service provider in years, and I assume it was a mistaken bill that the collector discovered and removed. That's happened before, I was sent to collections for a hospital bill of my brother's. Does this negatively effect my credit score?

It does while its on your report

But if it was removed and no longer appears on your report then it is not a factor.  Scores are created based on the info in your file at the time that a score was generated.