Question

Unanimous90

Does HSBC still report accounts to Transunion?
My Transunion score reduced last month and upon review of my Credit Karma account, it doesn't show my HSBC checking or savings account, despite Equifax showing both. I rang Transunion and they said that HSBC no longer report their accounts to Transunion, however no one at HSBC can confirm this..has this happened to anyone else?

Most Helpful Response

Not anymore !

I was in the same situation. I got confirmation from my Customer Relationship Representative that HSBC USA does not report anymore accounts to Transunion since  October 1st. This is a "business" decision and affects all customers. They keep reporting to Experian and Equifax

Same here

Happened to me as well.

happened to me as well. got a transunion credit report and it's gone.

HSBC USA No Longer Reports to TransUnion

I also gave HSBC USA a call and the representative told me that they stopped reporting to Transunion since September (2016). It was some business move on HSBC's part and there's no indication that they will resume reporting to Transunion (as per the representative). But they still report monthly to Experian, Equifax, and Innovis. 

Me, too

Happened to me too.  I'm planning to buy a house next year and suddenly my transunion score dropped by 50 points because my oldest credit card disappeared.  I wrote TransUnion and they said they couldn't help me because the information I disputed "does not currently appear on my credit report."  Welll, exactly!!  That was exactly problem, exactly what I was reporting-- that information was missing.

Today I called HSBC and got their &*^%^&( answer.  I am very, very angry.  

In the end they are charging me $20 t0 send me a letter to verify my account, which I am then going to send to TransUnion in hopes of getting the account posted there again.  

Because this is just not fair.  I'm at like 734 or so on Equifax, but in the 680s on TransUnion.... I want a mortage.  I know there's a big past between HSBC's subprime lending and TransUnion-- so who knows what's going on..... but are lenders now going to just ignore TransUnion scores?  Or will I get a much less favorable mortage than what I really qualify for because banking ****heads are doing their thing.