Question

kvargas1986

Does having two credit card from the same bank impact credit score?
I'm working on rebuilding my credit. Due to medical and job situation when i was younger my credit sunk to 564. Now that I have a great job and good income i've been working on fixing my credit. 7 month ago I got approve for a capital one secure card with a credit line of $200.00. After using the card and making all payments on time they increase my credit line to $500.00. Now my credit score is 610TU and 637EQ. I want to increase my credit score more and I would like to get a second credit card. I'm getting offers from Capital One Quick Silver Rewards card. Does anyone know if having two credit line from the same bank would make a positive or negative impact on my credit?

Please HELP!!!

Most Helpful Response

2 or more from the same company

makes no difference at all.  

I, Personally, don't care for Cap1, but thats your choice.  Realize that when you open a new card, it will drop your score for a little while. Use the new card and make the payments and you'll see your score rebound fairly quickly.  Keep utilizations low, and make those payments, Then its a matter of time.  The age of your accounts plays a role in your score as well.