Question

Toastingham

Does Fingerhut or Gettington Report Your Full Limit?
I have a low credit score due mainly to high utilization (90+%). I hate Fingerhut because I had problems with them in the past. However, I've gotten solicitations from Fingerhut and Gettington with $400 limits. If I were to buy a small item from them, would the full limit of $400 show up on my credit report and lower my utilization?

Most Helpful Response

fingerhut

Fingerhut only reports if you don't pay your bill with them. Most of their money is made on over priced items along with higher rates. If your Credit utilization is sitting at 90% why in the world are you going out to spend more money on credit when you can't even afford to pay down the credit you already have. Getting fingerhut offers only happens with profiles of folks that don't have a pot to **** in, prove them wrong, get responsible and pay off your debt and stop buying crap you can't afford.

While your critical tone was a bit annoying, your answer was helpful. I agree with you that Fingerhut is terrible. I would've considered buying a $20 item to get $400 "available credit" to lower my utilization, but that is all. If they don't report positive, then I don't want their junk anyway.