Question

EPhiser8

Does Disputing Count Against Me?
A Creditor claimed that I had late payments when I actually did not. I paid the late fees and the claimed arrearage because it cost me less to do this, but it should not be on my report. This happened three years ago. If I dispute this, does this start the time again to bring this into a current month and therefore impact my score?

No it does not reset the date on that late payment. 

The only thing that might save you in the Duspute is the canceled check that would have the date and time they processed.   If you don't have that then I would think you have less then 1% chance of winning. 

Fixer

Disputes don't reset the clock, and can help you immensly. There is a tool on CK to dispute it. Get in touch with the creditor and let them know you are going to dispute it and they may remove it if you do that, otherwise begin the dispute process and get it removed from your report.