Question

creephhi

Does discover card renew judgemants?
I'm in SC and judgements last 10 years but can be renewed. I'm at year 8 1/2. I see no reason to pay off Discover since they want something like $20K and the original debt was $4k. sorry F'em. Question is has anyone here had Dicover card renew a judgement when it timed out?

To my knowledge, they do not renew Judgements, however, I'm not their new collections manager in that region of the country, so that may not be the right answer.  You indicated judgement and not specially collection.   If they went to court and secured a judgement in their favor this means you owe them the full 20K figure.  The attorney did not get paid on his part of that judgement, thus, the attorney can renew without having to have Discovers permission.   If I was the attorney, I'd be filing, although, it sounds like it wasn't a good attorney or he would have already attached your assets and paycheck.