Question

CheyenneEverAfter

Does denial of a credit card negatively effect credit score?
I have a borderline fair credit score which could make me eligible for a couple of non-secured credit cards. I am concerned that if I am denied it will have a negative impact on my current score.

Card Denial

The only impact that a denial will have on your score will be a hard inquiry on your credit report which has a low impact. Best advice is to apply for those couple of cards the same day. The inquiry will not hurt that badly and even though it stays on your report for 2 years, its impact is really only felt in the first year. Good luck!