Question

Sunshine6492

Does credit card utilization for one month affect credit score in the future?
Currently, I have a high credit utilization due to a larger purchase. Prior to this, my average utilization was about 8%. Will this drop in my credit score last, even if I pay off the credit without carrying a balance? If so, how long will it last? Thanks!

Background information: I graduated college 2 years ago, but I am getting married in July. My average credit score utilization has been under 10% for most of the past year. I have never carried over a balance, but my credit score has been in Excellent range until this month (dropped about 30 points). Thanks again for your help!

Utilization doesn't have a long memory but every scoring system may handle it differently. Once your utilization draps back to under 10% any drop in score should come back up.