Question

indiaG

Does closing my bank acc if i am leaving US affect my credit history?I m curious boz i may return.
I am leaving the states and want to close my bank account since they want me to maintain a minimum balance if i want to keep the account. Since i need that money i will have to close the account. Now i might come back to states in near future. I want to know if i will have a bad credit history on my return ?

Most Helpful Response

Bank accounts have nothing to do with credit scores unless you have a line of credit with the account.

indiaG

Can i please know what do you mean by line of credit ?

I do have a credit card too with the same bank but of couse i have no pending payment on the card or account.