Question

am4656

does carrying the balance on Crd Crd (30% util CC) during promotional APR period lower credit score?
I am planning to use the promotional offer of 0% for 1 year.

I am thinking to carry less than 30% as balance on credit card and pay off the remaining every month.

Keeping balance as the interset is 0% for 1 year.

Does doing this hurt my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

As long as you always pay on time, your credit report will look good to any credit grantor. I'm pretty sure that you will only get a new loan after a credit grantor looks at your credit report, not only your credit score, unless your score is super high. Other than that, try to keep the balance as low as possible (totally no monthly balance, i.e. 0% is not good though), 30% is what everybody claims "safe" for credit score, but it's not always true and it depends on a particular credit score.

Best utilization rate is 20% or less.

I try not carrying a balance long enough to have interest charged, but will pay what has been charged each time the statement comes out.  I don't want to spend additional money for a purchase.