Question

SquovalMusic

Does Cap One Blacklist?
Like a lot of young people I didn't realize the value of good credit habits until it was too late. At 18 and 19 I did some damage to my credit and now as an adult I left rebuilding it. I'm loving it though, it's like a hobby. my wife says I'm addicted to credit Karma. I check it and a few other monitoring sites and blogs like 20 times a day. But she's on Facebook so I guess were even.

Anyways, I had a Capital One card charge off for like 7 or 8 hundred dollars. I settled the debt with a 3rd party collector before I was approved for my mortgage. I account for Cap One is scheduled to be removed from my report by 7/15.

Does Cap One have a history of blacklisting people who have burned them?
Do you think I could get approved while still having the baddie on my report?
Would I be better off to wait until it is removed? Or will Cap One Hate Me Forever?

Thanks

you might want to start with a cap1 secured credit card first.   build up some history for a fee years and then add another cap1 card.

I'm repairing my credit as well. I did the same thing you did but capital one sued me. I paid them back before they did a garishment on me. Now a few years later..... not only do I have 3 capital one cards I also had a auto loan through them. My credit when all this happened was at a 551 now 5 years later I'm at 702. Capital one judgement wont fall off until October 2016. It took me some time but all the credit cards I owed I paid back every penny so with that said they gave the a second chance why wouldn't they give you one. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

SquovalMusic

My wife was just approved for a Cap one card, i'm gonna be added as an authorised user so that the account gets added to my report. Maybe with the positive account on my report and my baddie falling off they will approve me for the Quicksilver card I've got my eye on.......But I don't think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the application for it until july or august to be safe.

Thanks

It's cool that Cap one seems to be forgiving I've heard of some banks that are not.