Question

eh0108

Does being an authrized user on my parents card affect my score? Score is 750 at 19 years old.
Background: So I am an authorized user on my parents Southwest Visa signature card (I have a card with my name stamped on it), and that card is showing up on my reports. My parents have (aside from their mortgage) have perfect credit, pay off credit cards every month, and have no other loans. They also have a limit on the visa in the tens of thousands. I have had a secured MasterCard since I turned 18 with a limit of 300. I think I missed a payment once, because I forgot to pay (I payed it in full with fees and everything 2 days after the due date). That late payment (which was 6 months ago) didn't show up on reports or anything. I learned that I had a score of 750, which thought was really high for a teen. Is it this high because of being a user on my parents card? Or is it just artificially high and one little thing , like a late payment, cost me a ton of points? Thanks!

Yes.

Yes.   Your score is high in large part to being an authorized user on your parents credit card.   Being 19, you're average age of accounts would normally be under 2 years (assuming you are ALMOST 20).  Because of that card you can use, you have an inflated score.   This isn't a "bad" thing at all.

Do not miss anymore payments.  Best practice is to have auto bill pay set up, for the minimum monthly payment (usually $25).  That way, even if you forget, you won't get charged those late fees.  Also, you generally only get one "slip".  If you miss your due date again (even by just a day or two), I'd expect that to be reported.