Question

milamj09

Does bankrate pull a hard inquiry?
I just signed up for an account on bankrate.com, where it gives you offers based on your credit report. While entering in my info, it didn't once mention a credit inquiry. The next thing i know, it is loading and says "retrieving your credit report". Is this a hard inquiry? If it is, can you have these removed. I wasn't applying for credit. I was considering paying my car off with a personal loan if the suggested offers were around my current interest rate. Bankrate gives you nothing other than what these finance companies advertise as their "as low as" rates.

Most Helpful Response

Well first it is a soft pull so you are ok.  It also tells you that they are showing you cards from there "Partners" so really they are no different then CK