Question

emceepaul

Does applying for financing at Sleepy's or BestBuy lower the credit score?
I have applied for a 0% interest financing option at Sleepy's and BestBuy. They told me that these were soft pulls and will not hurt my credit scores. However, I got an email from GE capital stating that I have been approved for a credit line of $1500!

I know GE is the company that is financing me, but I never asked for a credit line!

Any idea why this is happening?

Most Helpful Response

re:

Best bet would be to call Best Buy or Sleepys and they can inform you if it was a hard pull, also if you do not want the credit or not going to use it you can cancel with them as well. More than likely if it states you have a credit limit and not "pre-approved" then they did pull your credit. Hope everything works out for you!

All the best,

Nikki J