Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

pizarrot

Does anyone know of a car insurance company that uses your driving record and lack of tickets?
I had some bad luck for a while and my credit score is in the "poor" range. I think it's very unfair that although I have NO tickets, NO accidents and have been driving for over 30 years all the insurance companies I know of are using my credit score to determine my premiums.

I have not had my credit score used to determine insurance rates, and my credit score hasn't always been so good.  I'm currently with State Farm and they have given me great rates.  Friends have Farmer's and they are pleased with them.  Shop around, which doesn't cost you anything but time.

Auto insurance companies will find any reason that they can to charge you more and that is why most will use your credit in determining rates. Rates are getting expensive regardless of whether your credit is good or not, with the price of vehicles going to insane highs, costs such as insurance will rise as well. Progressive is the cheapest that I've found and their prices are not cheap. The best thing that you can do is to get quotes from many insurers as there can be huge differences in rates.