Question

jarena82

Does anyone else feel like the scores are not actually based on what we are being told they are?
Let me explain. I have been on credit karma for 3 years now, and have gone from a mid- 500's score to a 700 and now back to a low 600's. I am now sitting at a 633 with:

60% credit utilization
100% payments on time
5 years avg account age
6 inquiries
and 1 derogatory mark for a couple parking tickets that I was given that were utter BS and I refuse to pay.

In the past 5 years I have: Paid of my school loans, had two car loans in the $500 per month range, 3 credit cards and NO late payments on anything.

YET, my score continually flounders around the mid 600's.... what gives!?!?! I've seen people with high 700's with more crap on their credit than me???

Most Helpful Response

I would say that your low score is because of your high credit utilization. Make it 10-15%, you will see the big difference.

jarena82

In my experience, going from 60% to zero percent results in roughly a 25 point increase.  That's not a very big increase.