Question

Taysel

Does an authorized user card credit good credit scores?
I'm a young college student getting ready to enter the real world, where credit becomes extremely important. All along, I've been told that being an authorized user is essentially the same as being a primary card holder in terms of credit reporting. However now I'm being told by the reporting agencies that one credit card is not enough (despite four years of perfect history) and that authorized users do NOT contribute towards credit scores. All the websites I read (Fox Business, Chicago Tribune, even the Fed) talk about piggy backing yet the agencies refuse to recognize it when I speak to them. What can I do? I feel so stuck. Thank you!

Most Helpful Response

Authorized user

This depends on the creditor not the credit bureaus, you need to ask them to add you as an authorized user with your social and report it. You can read here a list of some companies that report: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cards-That-Report-Authorized-Users/td-p/663805 good luck