Question

Matayo41

Does American Express get reported?
I applied for an American Express Card a little over two months ago, and have been using it for exactly two months and two days.

However, according to Credit Karma, neither Transunion nor Equifax is reporting this card yet. What gives?

Most Helpful Response

And they could be reporting to Experian and that information is not on Credit Karma which is here to TEACH how credit works and how to build a good credit score.  A smart credit user checks all three credit reports annually to make sure only the correct information is being shown  That topic is covered in the articles, too.  Hope you read them so you can become credit smart and benefit from this information for the rest of your life. .

Matayo41

According to lots of posters on this board, they apparently do report to both TU and EQ, so I'm not sure that's the case. Still, I should proabably check out my experian score.

Do you know any way to check it out for free?

Yes it should but AmEx are known to take their sweet time to report for the first time, 3 months till they report isn't all that unusual for them. I personally like lenders whom report later than sooner, it impact to my scores little bit less, because when it dose? The account is already 3 or more months old than 1 month, it also gives me bit more time to apply for other credit products if I so choose, before new account(s) show up on my report, multiple new accounts aren't looked favorably by lenders.

Matayo41

Thanks for your help Johnny. I didn't think of it that way.

Hopefully it will be updated by the third month.

JohnnyRain127

Freecreditreport dot com --- Free EX credit report once a month, no scores of any kind for free.

-

credit dot com --- No detailed EX credit report but two types credit score for free, to see VantageScore 3 click on "other" score, it updates every two weeks.

-

Discover's credit score board --- Free to anyone whom sign up, Free EX FICO 8 scores, no detailed credit report, it updates once a months.

Yes, it takes 60-90 days for them to report a new account.  I don't know if they do it on purpose or not.   it took mine 65 days.  We'll see how their monthly reporting goes on an open account.