Question

RebuildingKY

Does a temp increase in cc limit (secured card) yield permanent results if limit is later reduced?

No, not really. Your scoring for the amount of available credit vs your credit utilization will change as it fluctuates over time, nothing is permanent when it comes to credit utilization.

RebuildingKY

My question wasn't related to utilization or available credit, I was asking if establishing a higher high credit is durable as I want to use my secured card to jack up my high credit although I'm not going to keep it at that level. 

The action itself of raising the limit on your card is not going to do anything for your FICO scores. Where it would help scores is with credit utilization if you were carrying a balance. During the credit building stage it makes little difference if any if you have a two hundred dollar limit card or a two thousand dollar limit unless utilization is concerned. Also be aware that if you plan to add some money to your account and then take it back out later you may run into problems doing that as the lender may not be willing to give you just some money back, they may require you to close the entire account to get your money back and that would cause credit problems for you. Be sure to take as much time as you can to read everything that you can on credit before you take any action regarding your credit.

High Credit

Where is High Credit factored in, or is it?   I wish the simulator allowed for manipulation of more than one variable.  Here's what I observed with the simulator.  As far as paying down my balance, paying off all three cards had the most impact.  The simulator results didn't support anything magical about the 30% number and the sim score kept improving until I hit zero.   Here is the surprising sim result.   Not paying down any of my three $500 cards and increasing the high credit of one to $2000 resulted in a greater score increase than paying off the cards.