Question

Michelle23252003

Does a low balance under $100 collection really affect my score that much?
I had a utility company sending me a bill to my in laws house after we moved and I guess they didnt feel the need to give me my mail and I had a $55 balance to pay. Here it is a year later and they sent me to collections and now its on my credit report. I have been trying really hard to reconstruct my credit because we are in the middle of buying a house and now this hits my credit. I just want to know if this will affect my score alot if any. I read that balances under $100 arent really recognized my the bureaus? Dont know how true that is but I need peace of mind though because I am kind of (for lack of a better word) freaking out.

Most Helpful Response

All collection accounts, no matter what the amount, are counted against you.  The newer they are the worse they are to your score.  Nobody can say how much it will affect your score because there are too many variables.  You can either pay it off, or get your mortgage through www.naca.com, where credit scores don't matter.  Best of luck!