Question

bgibbs53

Does a judgement clear off your credit?
I had a civil judgement held against me and was paid off within one month of the judgement. It has since been paid off but still shows open on my credit. I have disputed the judgement to show that it has been cancelled. My question is: When the credit agency changes that status as closed is that judgement released off my credit and my score will adjust accordingly?

As a legal action, a judgement is a matter of public record and will show as such on your credit history for 7 years, then it will drop off.Your score should rise a bit after that happens, providing you have kept all other debt repayments current and timely.

It will stay on you credit history

For at least 7 years. A paid debt or judgement doesn't go away, but the change in status as closed and paid  will start to work in your favor and have less effect over time. If the rest of your credit report stays satisfactory for the next 2 years it will no longer be counted against you in most credit algiriyiums. 

Good luck.