Question

Bri1129

Does a dispute status matter if the account is closed and the debt has been paid?
I have an account on my report listed as a charge off but it has been closed and paid, but it still has a dispute remark in the comments section. If lenders see that the debt has been paid, is the dispute comment still significant? Also the reason for the dispute status was because the bank was sending the bills to the wrong address for a year so I was not even aware I owed anything. I still paid the debt to avoid further complications down the road.

Edit

If it weren't for signing up with Credit Karma, I would not have even known about this derogatory account.