Question

darkforest111

does a debt of a car repossession ever come off my record? I don't plan to pay it ever.
I once bought a lemon car and it broke down so I stopped paying it! the loan company has collected my debt for the car! this happened in 2009! it shows up on my record a debt and a car repo! I was wondering if this would ever come off my record? and I don't plan on paying a cent for it, if so will it stay on my record forever?

Hi

I am not sure about repos but the debt will fall off your reports in 7 years from the original default date. I believe the 7 years applies to repos as well but can't say with certainty. If you made your last payment in 2009, it should fall of your reports in 2016.