Question

lilvic29

Does a credit card dispute equal a lower rating?
My score just took a 150 point hit. I freaked and first thing I did is pull all my credit reports to see if my identity had been stolen. Doesn't look like anything was happening except I noticed that it showed on the report that I currently have a dispute on one of my credit cards. I filed a dispute with Bank Of America where a pharmacy charged a copay for medicine assuming my insurance company would only pay 80% but instead the insurance company paid 100%. I am waiting for the refund from the pharmacy but thought filing a dispute on my card would offer me some additional protection while the pharmacy drags its feet on the refund. Now I am wondering if that is the reason my score took the sudden drop.

Your disputing a charge or file a charge back with your credit card company has nothing to do with your credit scores. Unless the creditor send it to collection and reported as such.