Question

JoJo0716

Does a collection account that says paid in full still effect me?
I have an account in collections that was paid off almost 2 years ago. My credit report says the balance is $0 and says Paid in Full but does that still impact my credit score negatively? How can I get it removed off of my credit score completely? Does it even matter because it clearly says Paid in Full?
Id like to pay off my other collection accounts because I am trying to repair and rebuild my credit. Help!

The most scoring models out there doesn't distinguish between paid and unpaid collections, so in those scoring models your scores won't change just because it's paid. The two models I am aware of that dose ignore collection accounts once it's paid are FICO 9 and VantageScore 3... Paid and unpaid collection accounts have same reportable length of 7 1/2 years, except in State of New York, supposedly it's only 5 years for paid collection.