Question

chiralcard

Does a chargeback impact credit score?
I placed a chargeback dispute with my Chase credit card because a merchant delivered a defective product to me and wasn't willing to issue a refund or live up to their "100% happiness guarantee". I've noticed, though, that my credit score subsequently fell by 19 points and that there is a remark on my credit report stating "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements".

Why am I being hit by this for a chargeback? That seems quite unfair.

You're not being hit for a chargeback.  Your account under dispute is no longer factoring into your score.  It will once the dispute is settled.