Question

mckenna1410

doctor bills and utilities
I am trying to fix my credit score however i owe mainly doctor bills and utility bills. Should i pay them off or no. If i pay them off will it even help my credit score. I have tried doing some research but it is all so confusing to me. Some say it is better to have open collections then closed collections and that no matter if paid or not it wont come off my credit score. any advice would be appreciated

If you don't pay your utility bills, the power/gas/water will be turned off and you will be charge additional to get them turned back on.  The house will get cold, you won't be able to bathe or cook. But I'll leave that up to you. Those are necessary living expenses and are generally not on a credit report.

You received the medical services so it is fair to pay for them, right? Do a search for Dave Ramsey's site to get some sensible ideas for getting debts paid.

Credit score is not as significant a factor as is showing that you are trustworthy and pay due compensation for rendered services.