Question

RobertA1jl

doctor bill sent to collection but not show on credit report how to proceed?
my credit score has improved and all my collections fell off. I tried to make payment on old balance from doctor officee to make sure i dont get anymore neg on my cr. They said they sent it to collection and they gave me a number to call. Last payment was jan2014 and balance of about $100. Checked all 3 of my cr and collection is not there. i would like to pay it b4 they send it to collection or is it too late? Thanks.

PAY IT!

Let them know what's going on.  I've found collection agencies that work on medical related debt to be VERY EASY to work with.   Let them know that you want a letter stating that this debt considered paid in full, and it will not appear on your credit reports.  Tell them that you'll pay them the same day that you receive a letter stating this.  They may even scan and email this letter to you.