Question

NileGoddess404

Do you think that credit card issuers are now aware of the shopping cart trick?
I'm asking this because I've tried this at SEVERAL sites, especially those issued by Commenity Bank, and none have worked. I changed browsers and enabled my pop up blockers as well. Has anyone else had the same problem and if not please share any other sites that I can go to in order to get pre approved.

Most Helpful Response

What are your fico scores?  Did you do it incognito or inprivate on your web browser?  Also try clearing your history and cookies.  Also before you do this make sure that it is for a store that you shop at.    A bunch of store cards are not really great for your credit report. I would stick with the major credit cards.

NileGoddess404

I did all of the above because I've been following this forum for a couple of months now. How can I include all of my Fico scores and newly aquired credit cards like everyone else who uses this forum? 

As of 10/30/15 credit scores : Eq 538, Ex 558, Trans 575 (Approved new lines of credit as of October 2015) Capital One Mastercard $300; Credit One Rewards Visa $300; Woodforest National Bank Mastercard $300; FingerHut $230; Crown Jewelers $2500; (Chapter 13 bankruptcy dismissed July 2015)

Wait until you get your credit improved a little and scores a little higher before you apply for any more. Mid 600s at least with some on-time history with you current creditors.

johnnybinsea

Tryingtounderstand is right.  I would wait for your scores to come up a little bit.  I think that community bank would like to see mid 600's for there cards.  Keep up the good work, paying bills on time and keeping a low utilization and you will get there.