Question

polarbear14325

Do you think I will receive the credit card I applied for...
I just applied for a credit card that Credit Karma recommended and said I had a "good" chance of qualifying for. I filled out the application and was approved for a $2500 limit... I expected to receive some sort of email, but when I did not I thought maybe i had done something wrong. I filled out the application for a 2nd time a few hours later, and it said that I was denied and that they would send me an email explaining why in the next 7-10 days.

Do you think I will receive the credit card? I am hoping that the reason I was denied was because I had just filled out the application and had been approved, so they denied the second application, but I have no idea. I really regret doing that but I would love to hear what other people think...

It's fairly normal for creditors to reject the second app in the short span for the exact same card, tho few months back you could've gotten approved for two CapOne cards with-in minutes of each other, without additional inquiries... Can call that issuer to confirm if the first app did get approved or not, some issuers also have "status check" on their website. I usualy takes screen shot of the approval for referencing later.

Well if you did any reading here , or followed what the users say here,  Never Appy for a Credit Card here on CK,   they are just AD's,   

Denied because of second application

More than likely, the denial was due to the second application being submitted.  All I can advise is that you be patient. If you have not received a welcome email in a few days, give them a call.

Congratulations on your new card!