Question

Iamtheguyy

Do you pay interest for the full statement balance or whatever you don't pay?
Say I owe 1000 dollars statement balance on one credit card. I owe 500 on another credit card statement balance. I only have 1100 dollars. Should I pay the entire 1000 dollars for the one card and 100 or minimum payment for the other card? If I split it up and only pay 700 or so for the 1000 dollar card am I charged interest for the full 1000 dollars or just 300 of it?

Interest is calculated based on the fee structure outlined in the terms and conditions section of your card issuer's agreement. Read this thoroughly and understand it and then you should be in a better position to decide how you are going to pay your balances.

Interest is calculated on whatever amount you did not pay prior to the due date.  So, if you have a $1000 balance and pay only $700, interest gets charged on the $300 that gets carried to the next month.