Question

SweetPrSammie

Do payments on a loan count towards my credit?
Years ago I sat down with the ladies in my bank and they told me to build my credit I needed to pull small loans and then just pay them back. I did this more then once. Again like I said this was years ago so I thought I should have had something working towards my credit. I just looked and on here it says I have not started working on my credit till 11 months ago. HUH?!?!? I know 11 months ago I got a small credit card from David's Bridal that screwed me over. My question is why is the only thing showing from 11 months ago? Why is none of those loans from years ago showing or helping towards my credit score? Do bank loans not count?

Most Helpful Response

how long ago was it?  it should have been helping your credit as long as it was in good standing.  I guess you could go back and see if they report to all the CA.  Maybe they only report to one.

Credit accounts often do not remain on your reports forever.  Generally, the credit history that is checked is the previous 7-10 years so anythinbg much older than that would have no bearing on one's current credit score.