Question

kwpastorwife

Do paid collection items (zero balance) have a negative affect on my score?
I have several paid collection items on my CR.
Can I have them removed? If so, will it help my score?

Most Helpful Response

Paid Collection Items

Yes they can be removed. You can either dispute the items on your report and in the comments section use the remark "Account paid, please remove trade line as a courtesy" or you can write the creditor directly and explain that the account has been paid and could they please delete the trade line as a courtesy or gesture of goodwill. This has worked for me. Best of luck!

They will stay on your credit report fro 7 & 1/2 years from the date they went delinquent.  They hurt your score, but paid is better than unpaid and the older they are the less damage they do.

Paid collection

What does it mean when it says Remark: paid collection??