Question

oldtshirt

Do Not owe anything to one vendor reported
I have NEVER run up a balance with Walmart: especially totaling thousands of dollars. They must have me mixed up with someone else. I have NEVER even applied for credit with Walmart. How can this situation be rectified?

How do I navigate out of this Hell?

Just out of curiosity I entered Credit Karma to obtain my credit score.  I found that I have an unpaid balance of $7000 to Walmart!!!  Impossible:  I'm a senior citizen existing on Social Security and watch every expenditure as well as any "wishful lists."  How can this matter be rectified?  I don't even have a credit card with them.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm lost in a digital records

quagmire, not of my own making.

From one senior to another---CHILL OUT!!

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  Look them over carefully and file disputes (preferably in writing so you can have copies for your records) on all wrong informatioin with the credit bureau reporting it.  They then have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed  items.  It may take a couple of months, but it can be done. 

You want to make this credit check an annual event because errors do show up on credit reports, and only the individual can check and get the credit report corrected. And relax. This is just another error that can pop up in life, especially when dealing with computers and humans, neither of which is perfect.