Question

Therealtoddius

Do not follow credit karmas advice. I did and my score dropped over 100 points
They said to get a credit card and as soon as I dis my score tanked.

I haven't taken any of the offered credit cards here, but went through my credit union.  I had also used some of the financial tools provided on this site to make the decision to do a balance transfer.  My credit union offered a better deal than CK could.  But, CK is free to us, thanks to the generosity of the credit companies whio sponsor and advertise on this site.  What cards to get or offers to accept are decisions to be made on the basis of your understanding your finances and making the choice to accept or reject the offers.  No one twists your arm to make you do anything on this site.