Question

maryopape

Do low limit cards tip off credit bureaus and possibly lower scores?
I was going to add a secured card with a very low limit.$200-$300 to my already current unsecured card with a limit of $400 but read that low limit cards are red flags to credit bureaus and may actually hurt rather than help my score. True? Better options?

You are not punished by the credit bureaus for having secured accounts, so the info you got is wrong. I have no idea why you would want to add a Secured card when you have an unsecured. If you already have an unsecured card, you should be able to get another unsecured instead of going in reverse. Have you checked the preapprovals on Capital One's website to see if they have any card offers for you?