Question

kpb10

Do late payments still show up in your record after it is sent to collections?
I have been getting phone calls from a random number several times a day, make that 3 different numbers that are very similar (I usually dont answer unknown numbers anymore because I was almost scammed of my money a few months ago). Finally a week ago I got a letter from this collections agency saying I owe yet another large sum of money but I don't see any missed or late payments on my loans nor anything in collections on my credit report. Do the missed/late payments clear off your report if they are sent to collections? or am I possibly being scammed again? I just don't know what to think. Please help!

Collection status does not affect lates

An account being sent out for collection does not clear any deliquencies on the associated tradeline.  In this case assuming it's legit (which it might be misassigned or similar, happens, hence debt validation and other inquiries as to the legitimacy of the debt) it may simply not be on your credit report.  As an example I have one junk debt buyer that contacted me last year from what they suggest was a default 22 years ago on a credit card; however, that's long since gone from my credit report and can't be placed on my report as a result of it's age.