Question

saydeearely

Do landlords have different resources they go off of or access to them that we don't have?
The reason I'm asking is because, my boyfriend got sent to collections back in Feb for his old apartment. He gets collection calls but does not show I'm his credit karma that he has any collection notices or any letters in the mail. He did give a notice that he would be moving out but didn't pay for the damage his friend did to the apartment. (Friend was not on lease). Now, we're trying to find a place & put both of our names but I don't want to waist money the app fee if I know we were going to get denied. Can someone please help us with this? We've looked on public records, credit karma, & other sites to make sure but nothing. We need help!

He'd better go to annualcreditreport.com to get copies of all three credit reports to make sure all information is correct and you will also find out if there have been actions against boyfriend for damages his "friend" caused.  Because "friend" was a guest of your boyfriend, your boyfriend is responsible for any damage that was caused by him. Any collections or legal actions should show on those three credit reports.

I also strongly suggest that you and boyfriend read the articles on this site so you can learn more about how credit works and how to improve it because that is a topic too few people understand well.  I didn't and I have a degree.