Question

Overloden

Do internships count as employment?
I'm currently a part-time paid intern at a company. I've been trying to get a credit card and have been declined twice by my own banking institution, even with a family member with a long credit history as a co-signer.
Credit Karma does not detect that I have ever been employed. I'd like to apply for a Capitol One card that CK recommends, and I will be a full time employee of my company next week. Is there a chance internships do not count as legitimate employment, and the credit companies can't tell I do actually have a means of paying debts? Should I wait 2 weeks after going full time to apply, or just go for it?

Most Helpful Response

Right off the top? Do not apply any credit products solely base on CK's recommendations or any other free credit sites, it's no more than marketing schemes, any outcomes matching its recommendations would purely be coincidence, the saying of "Even the broken clock gets time right twice a day" apply here.

-

Creditors generally don't relied on credit reports for your income/employment informations, IRS or State employment department (payroll tax) would be places to verify your incomes, maybe your current paid internship was not long enough, or you got turned down because of your credit or lack their Of? It counts as long you get paid on record (taxed).

-

I would use CapOne's pre-qual page to see what pops up for you, if you don't have any credit card or much of credit profiles? Secured card might be the way to start, or you can be added to other's credit card as Authorized User, till such time you are able to obtain unsecured card(s) on your own.