Question

geeeaster90

do i stop paying to get credit repair
i spoke to 2 repair credit and was told not to pay for 3 or 4 months

credit cards

wanted a credit repair and was told by both not to pay for about 3 months and they would take over with them is this good

NO!! BAD PLAN!!!

Never avoid making payments to creditors, but keep in touch with them because they may be willing to work with you to make repayment easier. These 'credit repair' companies charge you money for their so-called services and mess up your credit by their 'advice'.

What you would get is more collection call and letters, and possibly lawsuits, plus late payment notices on your credit report that will not disappear for 7 years.

I suggest searching for Dave Ramsey's site and follow his advice on debt repayment.  Learning how to manage money effectively will make life a whole lot easier and his advice is one good way to start.

I am not sure how it would work, but I would never think that it would be a good idea to stop paying my debts in order to improve my credit. Makes no sense.